What we do
The Bottletop Foundation empowers disadvantaged young people to take control of their lives through health education and vocational training projects; in turn supporting their wider communities.
We tackle sensitive issues including the prevention of HIV/AIDS, unplanned teenage pregnancy, substance abuse, gender inequality, low self-esteem and vocational skills deficits.
Our vision is for all young people worldwide to be equipped with the necessary health education, transferable skills and self-confidence necessary to make healthy, informed choices and achieve their full potential.
How we do it
- The Bottletop Foundation is a highly efficient and cost effective way of making a positive impact on people’s lives. The running costs of the foundation are covered by Bottletop, enabling 100% of all additional funds raised to be spent on empowering young people and their communities.
– We work with grassroots organisations operating hand in hand with local culture, and partner with them at a crucial, early stage of their development, with the aim of supporting them to become fully sustainable.
– Creativity is central to the Bottletop Foundation and we aim to fund projects, which take a creative approach to urgent needs in their communities.
- We aim to fund each of our partner projects for a minimum of three years, and to offer supplementary support and guidance to our partner organisations where possible.
- We select our projects based upon their demonstrated potential to equip young people with the skills and attitudes to be agents of change in their own lives, and their wider communities.